Gina Rinehart compares self to Nelson Mandela

Posted on Dec 12 2013 - 9:37am by theburdekinherald

The world’s richest woman has compared her ‘struggle’ with that of former South African President Nelson Mandela’s.  Speaking to the Herald last night Gina Rinehart spoke of her company’s expansion into Asia, Australia’s relationship with Indonesia and the news that Justin Bieber may replace Paul Walker in Fast and Furious 7.

But what took the air out of the room was her admission that Mandela and herself shared many attributes.  “The issue I have is I have to pay workers near Adelaide $40 to $50 an hour, when people who do the same thing in Africa work for $1.  That’s not fair, why should Australian workers get so much?  So this is my crusade, I’m hunting for worker equality just like Mandela fought for racial equality.”

Mandela’s death this week has sent vibrations across the world, his actions have inspired and it seems that Rinehart is no exception.

163 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. bananafield100000 December 16, 2013 at 4:20 pm -

has anyone read the ‘about’ section of this website?

• Scot Aldred December 17, 2013 at 1:15 am -

Yep, just did.
      It’s a pity the webmaster has this much time on his hands–why not report the real news–a real job!!

• Nette December 21, 2013 at 7:47 am -

I’m guessing not.

2. Gavan December 16, 2013 at 5:49 pm -

You fat fucking oxygen thief, you have no fucking idea!! Get this peeps this troll thinks just because she is the richest person in Australia she has the right to spew such filthy trash out it’s mouth!! How about this dog face, the world can go solar, the world can find work with another company, those 2 things alone will crush you in an instant, word of advice don’t bite the hands of the people who feed you pig!!!

• Nette December 21, 2013 at 7:53 am -

I despise GR and her ilk with every fibre of my being but please don’t make insulting comments about her appearance. She has done enough harm that can be commented on. I am approximately the same size as her. I donate to charity. I do community work. I buy 4 gifts every year for the wishing tree. I help serve meals at the Christmas day dinner for homeless people. And I am “fat”

Do you need to make “fat” an insult to Gina Rinehart when she has done so many actually APPALLING things to offend the public?

Of course I could just call you “stupid” and we’d be square ;)

3. ozzieozzieozzie December 16, 2013 at 5:57 pm -

LOL – I nearly fell for it…..

4. Mark M December 16, 2013 at 6:29 pm -

I’d like to do the sign language interpretation for her funeral. It will only take one finger.

• Jim E December 17, 2013 at 4:35 am -

Brilliant … and so wonderfully on topic (narcissistic and deluded creeps using others misery for self-advancement)

5. Scot Aldred December 16, 2013 at 11:59 pm -

Seriously, what a joke. Gina was born into unimaginable wealth, cannot raise or manage to be civil to her children and is dressing up her feigned concern about African workers as a rationalisation for fraudulent 457 Visas she wants to gain from government.
    Develop a bit of class Gina and get a proper life, one that does not revolve around screwing Australian workers and making money for its own sake. Mend the bridges with your kids and use some of your wealth to philanthropic ends.

• Colin December 20, 2013 at 9:38 am -

Reminds me of when they said Bob Hawke’s daughter was a drug addict. I thought, if you can’t run a simple thing like your kids’ upbringing, you can’t run a country.

6. peace December 17, 2013 at 3:57 am -

Reinhart, would you like us to be slaves for you??? we should move to promises land. I think you shouldnt blame your slaves because food and petrol prices are too dearly. sorry!!!

7. Murray December 17, 2013 at 5:16 am -

This demented bitch who was started off with a “diamond studded” spoon in her mouth, really needs to get her shit together, as she is talking about Africa, not South Africa, where Madiba came from. Her, struggle, what crap. She would not know. Go to South Africa the home of Madiba, not Africa. Having been there recently, I can tell you that she lives in a world of her own. Sorry, with her “Philippino”.toy boy.

8. Bill Kinsella December 17, 2013 at 5:31 am -

Take heart fat suckers like her dont live to a ripe old age

9. Liam December 17, 2013 at 6:14 am -

Could somebody put her in jail for 27 years please?

10. Peter December 17, 2013 at 8:04 am -

I agree ,, equal pay , pay your employees in Africa $40. -$50 an hour

11. Andrew December 17, 2013 at 9:16 am -

She is a greedy fucking idiot!!!

12. titfortat December 17, 2013 at 2:01 pm -

You work for $1 an hour then Rinehart

13. Dean Kelly December 17, 2013 at 8:25 pm -

Disgusting human being- the epitome of pathological greed- she has contributed nothing of value to society- only exploiting it for her own ends.

14. BSA Bob December 18, 2013 at 1:46 pm -

Mandela was probably a better poet than her too. But then, so are my chooks. AND they lay eggs.

15. Michael Tierney December 19, 2013 at 9:27 am -

Your – indicates posession, You’re = You are shortened down a bit.
    Come on people. Come on.

16. Anthony January 8, 2014 at 8:59 am -

The saddest thing about this article is that, while it’s a parody, it actually paints her in a better light than her real quotes do. Some time in 2011 or 2012 she stated that ‘West Africans were happy to work for $2 a day.’ This article intimates she’d pay $1 an hour (so $8-$12 per day.) Sadly… this is 4 to 6 times more than what she wants to pay people =(

To put this into context she earned over $17 billion in FY2012. A West African would need to work 8.5 billion days to match that! (2.3 billion per cent longer)

17. Gabs January 10, 2014 at 11:59 am -

How dare you compare yourself to Nelson Mandella, he spent most of his life behind bars for fighting for the rights of his people and the fact he changed the world, until you can take the gold spoon out of your mouth and lived his life you have no right to compare your life to his, stop whinging about how much you pay Australians and get your voice out in Africa or where ever in the world you are paying employers and demand that they get paid equally

18. Rod Bakes February 26, 2014 at 11:54 am -

Rineharts arrogance & greed defy comprehension in this country ,our country !! The holier than thou ,silver spoon ,has never put in a days work in the real world .You don,t appear to be a woman of distinction ,or refinement !!More like someone who has lived off the fat of the lamb ! A person that appears to have little self pride ,being grossly overweight ,unkept hair & dress sense verging on the ridiculous .You should be stripped of your good fortune ,our minerals ,They should be shared , for the good of all ,MRRT was a step the right way .Would love to see you in the que at Centrelink ..I,m sure you would change your perception of us Australians ,your fellow countrymen !! You & your ilk ,are demoralising our way of life ,for you own gain .For this I despise you & all you represent !!.

• Tim Sekerin March 10, 2014 at 12:32 pm -

chill, man

• Xeno ComiX May 29, 2014 at 11:26 am -

he has a point

19. Rufomagus May 29, 2014 at 8:23 am -

SAY WHAT!?!?!?!?! So by that standard I can compare myself to Patton because I tried really hard in my military career?

So just bring this ridiculous statement into stark relief, Nelson Mandela grew up in a slum, protested arpartied, got beaten quite a lot, got arrested quite a lot, ended up in prison for around a quarter of a century and whilst there nearly died of TB, then went on to rally a country, defeat a government at election and dismantle apartied.

Now contrast to Gina, inherited a fucking great big mine and shit loads of assests and money, made more money, bought a government. Somehow I don’t think she is talking about workers in Africa getting better pay. I would compare here to Marie Antionette, but that would insult Marie.

20. Robert Kaiser May 29, 2014 at 10:52 am -

so even at $50 an hour she has become the wealthiest lady on earth. Get a clue America and pay a living wage.

• judas May 30, 2014 at 3:23 am -

she was given daddy’s business and pushed for huge government subsidies in the mining industry, take, take, take! and not one shit was given…

21. Xeno ComiX May 29, 2014 at 11:32 am -

I am appalled by this woman. Yeah I’m setting up my own comic studio but i would never pay my staff $1 an hour in any industry or line of work. That’s slave rates. I do not think for one second of any day that if i was to become successful that i would be as corrupt and greedy as this monstrosity. I am ashamed to be an Australian because of this woman. Nelson Mandela was a good man with a good heart and soul. this woman is greedy and evil.

22. Elaine Holman May 30, 2014 at 8:04 am -

She isn’t even equal to Nelson Mandela’s bowel movement. Greedy Fat Pig

23. RJ Dale May 30, 2014 at 10:39 am -

She is disgusting. The fact she acts as if her refusal to pay Australian workers what they make, and trying to find someone cheaper is for the workforce she is seeking. She might even pay the labor pool 3 dollars an hour more, but by no means is to for the well being of that companies employees. To compare oneself to anyone is a form of faux pax that shows a total lack of self awareness or understanding of the world one lives in. Her net worth may be more than I will ever come close to, but she hardly qualifies as a human being let alone a humanitarian,

24. sally May 30, 2014 at 12:47 pm -

Of course,Rhinestoneheart may have meant to say she intends to fight for African wage parity with Australians:-)

25. Letitia May 30, 2014 at 4:23 pm -

she has a very odd idea of what equality constitutes doesn’t she.. underpaying them is equal mistreatment I guess.. but certainly is not treating them as sovereign beings with a right to a certain quality of life

26. Elizabeth McCarthy June 2, 2014 at 11:08 am -

If Australia’s future is going to be shaped by these corporate interests, we as citizens deserve to know where it’s taking us.

This documentary will uncover Rinehart’s vision for Australia and reveal just how close it is to being realised. Help us make the film every Aust. needs to see. Check it out –

27. Rita Lodeiro January 25, 2015 at 11:16 am -

many people die from obesity related illnesses , what is god waiting for?

• colindenronden January 25, 2015 at 7:43 pm -

The fat sow should be renamed Swineheart.

• LttleMlly November 10, 2015 at 6:30 am -

Please think twice about using poor pig’s in such a derogatory form. After all, it seems a pig holds more intelligence and innocence in its left but cheek than Rinehart ever would.
        What about RineShart- cross between a fart and a shit. Much more appropriate ;)

28. Chookman November 8, 2015 at 4:35 pm -

So Gina wants to pay the workers in Africa the same amount that she has to pay workers in Australia – is that what she means? How commendable that she wants to raise the workers wages overseas. Oh that is not what she meant, sorry I misunderstood her benevolence.

29. One November 8, 2015 at 6:40 pm -

OK, a very unlikely long shot………. she could be campaigning for better wages in Africa…………….

30. Mark Durl November 8, 2015 at 11:40 pm -

mandela was known for his compassion and humility. plus the fact that he served others. that fat bitch, the only person she has served is herself at the buffet table!

31. Pat Polzella November 9, 2015 at 7:48 am -

she learnt it from her father, who had no respect for the work force, Nelson learnt it from the Word of God, who loves all his children

• colindenronden November 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm -

He was a racist who hated aborigines, yet plundered their land’s resources to make himself rich. As for her, if you bring up your kids right they don’t turn against you, so her fall out with them speaks volumes about how much a rotten mother and human being she is. Hope Rose Porteous ripped her off for heaps. Economists figured out centuries ago that all wealth comes from labour, so how has she ‘earned’ all her billions? There’s not enough hours in the day. It’s done by skimming off the surplus value created by the workers. She is a vile, loathsome woman.

32. Taleisin November 9, 2015 at 8:06 pm -

I can see the similarities. Particularly how Gina spent years break rocks and being underfed.

• colindenronden November 10, 2015 at 12:31 am -

I think at Robbin Island they also had to dig holes and fill them in again. She got men to dig holes with machinery so she could sell the ore they dug out.

33. Ninnie Alderson November 10, 2015 at 8:42 am -

Oh my god!!!! Get a life you money hungry sloth, how dare you even think you compare yourself with Mandela. Oh poor me poor me bullshit, i have a 15 yr old who is still thinking like a 5 yr old and no job to support his medication but i still do it for him and donate $20 every month to the childrens cancer counsil and that make me feel like the richest person in the world knowing i can help my son and so many other kids to feel normal. Get off your ass and get your hands dirty!!!! No one cares!!!

34. Mark Jones November 10, 2015 at 9:18 am -

I think that you are all so wrong. You misunderstand her intentions. She is seeking worker equality and is on a crusade to get African workers $40 per hour. She should be commended for that. Okay – All jokes aside, I agree in one part that wages in Australia have blown out of proportion, but she seems to forget that she is the one who caved in each time workers asked for an increase, she is the one setting the standard for workers in other industry to aspire to which in turn drives up wages and costs country wide. She is the reason she faces what she does now and no one else. Oh, and how dare she compare herself to someone who fought to remove the oppression that was inflicted on the African people. She would not know, or care, because the reality it that if she could have mined and paid a pittance in Africa, I bet she would have. Maybe she should just take her bat and ball and go away.

35. Aliice November 10, 2015 at 10:10 am -

Mandela fought for human rights. This woman fights against human rights. Big difference sweetheart. $1 a day would not feed a person in Australia. She is apallingly greedy. Her company makes billions of dollars in profit and evades massive amounts of tax. The reality is she barely even considers workers as “human”.

36. Stefan Veenstra November 10, 2015 at 3:40 pm -

If Gina wants workers for $1/hour then she should move her lard ass to Africa!
    God how greedy can an obese mammoth get?

37. Matthew Lewis November 10, 2015 at 6:10 pm -

I understand her struggles in comparison to Nelson Mandela. It must be so damn hard to lose weight. Being filthy rich, one would think you would be able to afford a personal trainer, dietician and any other help needed. But you don`t want to part with any of that money you have accumulated. I really do understand your struggles, it`s real!!! If you did actually lose weight, then what? Your still horrendously UGLY. Money has obviously agreed with your family. So close, tight knit. Karma wins everytime.

38. Cliff Naylor November 11, 2015 at 6:44 am -

she will be the ” Richest Bitch ” in the bone yard ….and she is not only Fugly (that means fucking ugly in “Aussie language ) on the outside ….she appears to be that on the inside….she had the resource’s to change peoples lives in Africa could have paid $10 per hour to her workers and still made a fortune but ,no SHE chose to pay them peanuts and I’ll bet their conditions were nothing like those of their Aussie counterparts……I would’nt piss on that bitch even if she was on fire ….As for thinking she is on Par with Nelson Mandela !!…she has her head up her arse !!

39. Rowan Davy November 11, 2015 at 7:51 pm -

How dare she!

She has inherited the millions made by her father in Australia, exploiting Australian resources which ALL AUSTRALIANS should benefit from, but she is now trying to destroy the Australian wage structure!

Remember, she did not earn the money she has! So why should she have any real influence in this matter?

40. Margie Yorkston November 13, 2015 at 3:21 pm -

share attritbutes WTF! sorry GR no way near Mandela. take another look at yourself, Mandela pathway was totally genuine with love for humanity

41. Scot Aldred December 17, 2013 at 4:33 am -

Your the one that needs a real job.

Leave A Response

You must be logged in to post a comment.